Thursday, October 19, 2017

From the Missioner's desk 18 October 2017

 
Dear Friends,
 
 
Matthew 25 King James Version (KJV)
 
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
King James Version (KJV)
 
 
For the last six weeks, I spent each half day visiting my wife, after she had a knee replacement operation in Launceston General Hospital.
When you spend so much time in a hospital then you experience in many cases new things:

First of all , you realize that there is so much suffering about. Not only old people, but also young ones.
Then, when you observe the nursing staff in action, the doctors performing their duties and all the support staff such as house staff, physiotherapists with patience , love and care towards the patients. As a Missioner/Priest here in Launceston, I feel that I have been called to preach Christ Crucified, to heal the sick and comfort the broken hearted. I believe that all those I mentioned working at Launceston General Hospital have been called to their professions and jobs, because they want to care with love and patience for the sick and suffering.
 
Whilst first of all I give thanks to God for bringing my wife home safely tomorrow, I thank God too for all the staff, who looked after her so well during these six weeks. God bless you all.
 
Let it be known from Saint Matthew 25 , verses listed down below, if you care for those who are sick and suffering you have  done it unto Jesus.
I had the opportunity to sit with a number of people and pray for healing. This was indeed a joy.
 
Blessings,
 
Father Ed Bakker
Priest & Missioner
Anglican Catholic Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
Launceston
Tasmania
Australia
 
 
 
 

No comments: